Human Trafficking in the United States: The Truth and What You Can Do About It
Course Length: 30 minutes
Who should take this course? General public; anyone who wants to learn more about the prevalence of human trafficking in the United States and what steps they can take to prevent and report human trafficking crimes.
Course description Human Trafficking in the US is among the least understood and least visible crimes in our country. Yet, at least 400,000 people in the US currently live in situations of modern slavery. While Human Trafficking takes many forms, the most common exploitations in the U.S. occur through sex and labor trafficking. Through real life stories and interactive scenarios, Human Trafficking in the United States: The Truth and What You Can Do About It will shed light on the myths and facts of Human Trafficking in the United States. You'll learn what makes some people more vulnerable than others to being victimized by a trafficker; the industries, places and situations that are often leveraged by perpetrators for exploitation; why this egregious crime goes undetected so often and most importantly, how you can spot the signs of human trafficking in every day situations and take action on behalf of victims.
Learning objectives By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define “human trafficking”
- Describe the pervasiveness of and multiple types of human trafficking
- Explain typical victimization factors, pathways, barriers to leaving, and common impacts of human trafficking
- Identify the signs of sex and labor trafficking and exploitation
- Apply recommended calls-to-action
Interested in sponsoring an online course, customizing Hope for Justice training for your group or learning more about supply chain risk in your business?
Please contact us today if you're interested in any of the following:
- Certified/accredited training for healthcare, law enforcement or hotels/hospitality
- Learning more about the supply chain risks in your business and our work in Slave Free Alliance
- Customizing or co-branding a Hope for Justice course for your organization or business
- Learning more about our online course sponsorship opportunities
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Human Trafficking in the United States Certificate
Your cart is empty